»

Friday, September 20, 2013

Branching Out with Jam

 Abigail wearing her "strawberry jam"dress, holding strawberry vanilla jam.

I have been making jam for a few years now. I started with raspberry freezer jam. We found we didn't like freezer jam much, and we also weren't huge fans of raspberry in general. So the next year I tried canning strawberry and blackberry jam.  That went really well so I stuck with what I knew for a couple years. Then I branched out to peach jam and plum jelly.
 This year I decided to try adding 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract at the end of cooking in both strawberry and peach jams and they were both HUGE hits.
The strawberry vanilla is AMAZING on ice cream, and the vanilla peach tastes just like peach cobbler according to my children! 
 I also mixed peaches and strawberries and made Strawberry Peach jam. This was my new favorite!

1 comment:

  1. I would never have thought to add vanilla to jam, but it sounds delicious. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails