»

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Blessings of Sabbath Keeping



I have received a lot of push back from  the Christian community. They can not understand WHY I would want to keep God's Word, and put myself in that kind of "bondage".

But we have found nothing but blessings since turning back to  Sabbath keeping.

~It is a holiday found in every week
~Usually there are treats to look forward to (challah bread, sparkling cider, some kind of yummy dessert)
~We look forward to it all week
~It is a time to ponder, to dig deeper into what we have read in Scripture, or heard at church with no interruptions
~The refreshment of a day of no work, no school, no errands, no chores, no decisions of what to cook
~Time for leisure, physical and mental rest
~On Saturday night, instead of dreading dishes and normal chores I find myself excited to jump back in to my routine with renewed energy.




I hesitate to post this, as I have no idea what book they are from. I took the photos with my Ipad back in the summer, and then forgot all about them.  I found them a few months later, and I love the message but can not give credit to where I found them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails