I admit I did not start this day with a positive attitude.
My husband had to work, and I have no motherly figures in my life to celebrate.
As a kid I HATED Mother's Day. In school we always had to make a craft for our mothers, and I didn't have one (in a nutshell she chose drugs over me and left when I was 2). But I always was forced to make the craft anyways...I guess that bugged me more than I realized.
And my family doesn't do much.
Which I am really OK with. I don't like receiving obligatory gifts because the calender says they have to buy me something.
I prefer gifts that are spontaneous because someone was thinking of me and wanted to bless me.
I prefer gifts that are spontaneous because someone was thinking of me and wanted to bless me.
All that to say I didn't start this day with a cheerful heart.
But it turned out to be beautiful.
I shared part of an amazing book with my children. I worked in the garden. I went to the store to buy ingredients for a delicious salad. My husband got off work and grilled some steak and we had a delicious dinner. We had gorgeous weather, and
I was reminded that I am blessed EVERY DAY to have been chosen to be a mother at all. That I have been redeemed, and He has allowed me to break my family's history of brokenness. My family is nothing short of a MIRACLE.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me a note!