»

Saturday, August 17, 2013

What Are Your Children Reading?


 “The desire to appear broad-minded is one not easy to overcome, for it is rooted in our ego and is simply a none-too-subtle form of pride. In the name of broad-mindedness many a Christian home has been opened to literature that sprang not from a broad mind, but from a mind little and dirty and polluted with evil.

We require our children to wipe their feet before entering the house. Dare we demand less of the literature that comes into our homes?”
A.W. Tozer

"Be as careful of the books you read, as of the company you keep, for your habits and character will be as much influenced by the former as the latter." 
Paxton Hood

I will set no wicked thing before my eyes
Psalm 101:3

Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things
Philippians 4:8

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I have stumble across your blog via a lady that I follow ~arctic adventures carole shull~ and I absolutely love your blog! And now am a follower! Just thought I'd let you know how much I like your blog! :)

    Sarah Ortiz ~ www.theortizs.blogspot.com~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails