Then Paul dwelt two whole years in his own rented house, and received all who came to him, preaching the kingdom of God and teaching the things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ with all confidence Acts 28:30-31
We read this scripture in church this week, as we finished up the book of Acts.
This one verse really stuck out at me as a stay at home mom.
My husband takes our only car to work each day, so I can't go anywhere. Not to mention I have homeschooling to do, a house to keep, meals to make and naps to schedule around. So even when I do have the car, getting out is just not something that can easily be done.
My husband takes our only car to work each day, so I can't go anywhere. Not to mention I have homeschooling to do, a house to keep, meals to make and naps to schedule around. So even when I do have the car, getting out is just not something that can easily be done.
But does that mean I can not further God's kingdom? Absolutely not!
I can keep my door open to anyone who comes through it. I can try to create a comfortable and welcoming home for them to visit, and I can pray that the Lord would give me wisdom and confidence in my conversations and interactions with those who do come visit. I can invite neighbors, other moms, and friends to share part of their day with me as I serve them tea or a snack and hospitality.
I can pray for those in my life. Friends, family, people in my community or in government.It only takes a few minutes most of the time and it blesses both me and the person I am praying for. You can even include your children in these prayers and bless them as well!
I can send cards of encouragement, or words of encouragement via email when the Lord puts someone on my heart.
I get to raise up a new generation to love and serve the Lord in my very own home.
I can bless my husband by making home a comforting place to come to after a hard day at work.
I can make crafts to use as gifts to bless those I love, or to sell and use that money to further the Lord's kingdom.
Paul had a rich ministry, writing most of his epistles that make up our Scriptures while he was "stuck at home".
Mama, do not let the enemy convince you that you are wasting your life being "stuck at home". You can still do so much for the Lord's kingdom!
I can pray for those in my life. Friends, family, people in my community or in government.It only takes a few minutes most of the time and it blesses both me and the person I am praying for. You can even include your children in these prayers and bless them as well!
I can send cards of encouragement, or words of encouragement via email when the Lord puts someone on my heart.
I get to raise up a new generation to love and serve the Lord in my very own home.
I can bless my husband by making home a comforting place to come to after a hard day at work.
I can make crafts to use as gifts to bless those I love, or to sell and use that money to further the Lord's kingdom.
Paul had a rich ministry, writing most of his epistles that make up our Scriptures while he was "stuck at home".
Mama, do not let the enemy convince you that you are wasting your life being "stuck at home". You can still do so much for the Lord's kingdom!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me a note!