Be joyful with Jerusalem and rejoice for her, all you who love her; Be exceedingly glad with her, all you who mourn over her.That you may nurse, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that you may suck milk, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory For thus says the LORD, "Behold, I extend peace to her like a river, And the glory of the nations like an overflowing stream; And you will be nursed, you will be carried on the hip and cuddled on the knees. As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you.
Isaiah 66:10-13
I read this today as i was looking for another verse completely as I was, ironically, nursing a toddler peacefully to sleep. I looked at her so cozy and happy, not a worry in the world, knowing she is safe on mama’s lap, and couldn’t help but rejoice that our Lord loves us that much. He wants us to feel safe, content and secure as well.
I am so thankful that the Lord uses illustrations that hit so close to home. I have a child on my hip more than half the day… He speaks to us through the every day acts of life. Being a mother at home is no less a task than any other. This is where he calls me to be, at home, nursing a baby, teaching my children, filling their tummies at meal time, washing their clothes. And I resolve to worship him and thank him in each act of service!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me a note!