»

Friday, November 6, 2009

Making drudgery into lovely



I have been known to say that I would LOVE to live in the Little House on the Prairie days, as long as I could take my dishwasher and clothes washer! I could live without everything else, but I love those 2 appliances.
Well go figure, BOTH of them broke on me in the last week!
A lot of people tell me I wouldn’t survive without my computer either, though I would rather not believe it (It’s probably true) and now that is about to die on me as well, only starting up when it feels like it! 
The Lord has taught me so much though, about clinging to Him for strength, about using my time wisely… He has been so good to give me wisdom and comfort!
I’m even learning to enjoy washing dishes by hand (though I’d find it even more enjoyable if it was not so many times a day!)  I’ve learned to use the time to teach my children a useful skill (hand washing dishes), to promote teamwork and family time, and sometimes I do them alone and use it as time to pray! 
I decided to purchase a pretty bottle for my dish soap to  make this daily event more lovely!

1 comment:

  1. I like this idea of using a nice soap dispenser! We have six in our family, with the 5th child on the way and no dishwasher at all. It has taken me 10 years of being at home and not at a "j-o-b" to learn to love the simple parts of keeping our house tidy - especially dishes. This will make that area of our kitchen even a little nicer than I have already done. Glad I stumbled on to your blog :) (Mine is geared more towards cooking, raising boys, home schooling, and that sort of thing but if you want to see it, it is at tillieisms.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails