»

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Homemade Cocoa

I bought organic cocoa in bulk early this year at a great price, not realizing just HOW MUCH was in 5 lbs!  So I was looking at my huge bag of cocoa and decided to make hot chocolate as gifts. The kids and I mixed up a HUGE batch and started filling all sorts of random pretty jars I have collected.
Here was the first batch!

I’m hoping to get around to maybe making homemade marshmallows again too! We made them last year but would like to try again now that I have an actual mixer, and I think we’ll use corn syrup this time around too. I’m opposed to foods containing corn syrup, but they just didn’t turn out right without it last year so for this one treat I think it will be ok! 

Last Year’s marshmallows

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails