Creamy Garlic Spaghetti
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 large cloves of minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4 cups of chicken broth
1 lb thin spaghetti (or vermicelli)
1 cup of heavy cream
1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
fresh parsley for garnish
Saute the garlic in the butter and oil in a large pot. Once the butter is melted and the garlic is fragrant, pour in the chicken broth. Bring to a boil and break the spaghetti in half, into the pot. Stir often until the pasta is tender. Stir in the cream and parmesan. Turn off heat once the cheese has melted in. Top with chopped parsley.
This looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteWas the noodles suppose to be drained before adding the cream and parmesean? Mine ended up like a soup. :P
ReplyDeleteNo, they should soak up most of the liquid. But I do wonder since your noodles were GF, if that has something to do with it?
ReplyDeleteI know the original recipe I found came out soupy for me, but I adjusted it and this comes out saucy but still thick enough.