We go through TONS of taco seasoning in our house. I figured out how to make it myself about a year ago and have been hooked ever since! It is delicious and I know there are no hidden ingredients.
Taco Seasoning
¼ cup flour
1/4 c chili powder
4 tsp cumin
4 tsp oregano
4 tsp cocoa
4 tsp salt
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
4 tsp cumin
4 tsp oregano
4 tsp cocoa
4 tsp salt
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Mix together and store in a mason jar.
I just love your blog! I know I can come here and find the best ideas and recipes. We use taco seasoning a lot too. I'll have to make some.
ReplyDeleteCocoa? Who would have thought there was cocoa in taco seasoning. I've got a gigantic Costco taco seasoning right now, but will have to try this when I run out.
ReplyDeleteWe only make ours as well! I haven't tried any cocoa in it though, will have to try that. I love knowing what exactly is in the "mix"! I just need to remember to make a bunch and store it, instead of making it one batch at a time like I have been.
ReplyDeleteI never would have thought of putting cocoa in my taco mix. I might just have to try that.
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking to Handmade Christmas 2012 (http://www.schneiderpeeps.com/2012/11/handmade-christmas-2012-edible-gifts.html#comment-form)