My husband loves bookstores, but my frugal, anti-clutter nature means I am not a big fan of buying books. So when we do go to bookstores, I bring a small notebook with me, and I make a list of all the books I think I'd like to read. When we get home I look up the titles at my library's website and place a hold on them. This way I can read them without it costing anything at all, and when I am finished I don't have to find a place to put it!
If I do read a book I must have, I save up my Swagbucks, and order them free from Amazon. Paperback Swap has been a great blessing too!
I do the same thing with homeschool books. I search through the catalogs, and make a list of the books I think would work for us, then I find them at our library!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me a note!