»

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

My Growing Girl

Abigail  naturally loves science. 
Last summer she started collecting the seeds from every fruit/vegetable she ate,  because she was amazed that all those delicious foods came from seeds.
 I encouraged her to glue those seeds on card stock and label them instead of having a pile of seeds on the window sill. She showed it to anyone who would sit long enough to listen to her talk about her seeds.

That grew to her asking what other foods had seeds and learning about seeds that we eat as seeds (peas, beans, grains, corn). 

I also picked up some books at the library about seeds, and plants in general.

Next thing I knew, she was collecting seeds from the pantry, planting them  in cotton and drawing them as they grew.
I gave her the supplies she asked for, and guidance, but let her explore and learn on her own. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails