»

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Italian Chicken Soup

Once again Pioneer Woman has inspired me. Her Italian Chicken Soup looked delicious, so I used her recipe as a guide, and made my new food obsession. 
I DREAM about this soup!



BROTH: (or I usually use premade bone broth)
2 quarts of water
a big handful of leafy celery tops
1 onion, quartered
4 peeled garlic cloves, cut in half
2 chicken breasts, or chicken bones (from a roasted chicken)
Let boil for about an hour (or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly).
Remove and discard everything except the chicken.
Season the broth with salt and chicken bouillon to taste.
Dice up:
1/2 a large onion
3 celery stalks
1/2 a large red bell pepper
Saute in a little olive oil with 2 Tablespoons dried oregano until veggies are tender

Add  1 can of petite diced tomatoes (with juice), the 8 cups of  broth and some shredded chicken.Add 1 cup of Ditalini Pasta and cook until the pasta is tender.

Stir in 2 cups of heavy cream.
Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails