»

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Post Card Project


My son was having a hard time learning his states. 
I thought this would be a fun project to help the states mean something to him, and then remember them, and it has worked! 

We asked friends all over the country  to mail us post cards from their states. When we receive a post card, he colors it in on his map and he tapes the card up on the wall.

I quizzed him last week after a month of the project and he could fill in almost every state he had received a post card from on it!

And our whole family is having a lot of fun getting the post cards too!

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I may have to steal it :D Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so great, Angel. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I see our postcard in there. Glad it has helped. I'm sure he is enjoying checking the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I see ours in there. I'm sure he is loving checking the mail these days. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails