Two years ago we found a little patch of mint growing in the wild blackberries down the street. Last year it was an impressive patch.
This year we pick our blackberries in a field of mint!
I am always overflowing with thankfulness that we have this free, healthy, deliciousness on our own street, but this year, even more so.
We went this morning in a light fog and it was simply magical.
The scent and beautiful flowers all around us as we filled our buckets were indescribable! Oh how I wish my camera could capture the delicious smell!
That sounds so wonderful. I love picking blackberries. I wish your camera picked up smells too!! What are you going to make????
ReplyDeleteWe'll eat tons of them plain (or with some homemade whipped cream)
ReplyDeleteLots of jam, cobbler, clafouti and lots are going to go into the freezer as well!
http://angelnavywife.blogspot.com/2009/11/blackberry-clafouti.html
http://angelnavywife.blogspot.com/2010/08/august-in-washington.html
http://angelnavywife.blogspot.com/2011/09/breakfast-peter-rabbit-style.html