»

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Saving Money.. The Ice Cream Truck




My children LOVE when the Ice Cream Truck comes around, but it can be so expensive at $3 plus per treat!
So I came up with an idea.
I bought a few boxes of the kinds of treats my kiddos usually choose from  the ice cream man (bomb pops, Snicker ice cream bars etc) and since I had coupons, I only spent $1-$3 each for 3 boxes of treats. 
For less than one visit to the ice cream truck, I ended up with over 24 treats! 
We keep them in our garage freezer, and I only pull them out when we hear the ice cream truck music coming down the street.
My children love that they still get treats when the Ice Cream Truck comes around, and I love not having to say no because it is too expensive!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails