»

Monday, June 11, 2012

Cooking Staples- White Rice



First I put a tablespoon of oil in my shallow heavy bottomed pan,  and heat 1 cup of white rice with oil.

Once it is nice and hot, I salt it and add 2 cups of water and bring it to a boil on high heat.

When it is boiling I put the lid on and lower the heat down as far as it will go. I set the timer for 20 minutes.

About 5 minutes before the timer goes off, I check on the rice, give it a good stir, and add water if needed.
At 20 minutes, I turn the heat off, fluff up the rice and let it sit with the lid on tightly while I finish the rest of dinner.

1 comment:

  1. I cook my rice in the microwave, I add oil or butter (just about a tsp) a dash of salt, one cup of rice, two cups of water (I cook this in a glass dish that has a lid) put the lid on it and set the microwave for 20 minutes and cook...open it up and look for fish eyes (a pattern in rice, that indicates it is done), it is never fail, for brown rice I add about five extra minutes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails