»

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Chicken Enchiladas

You will have to forgive me for having no measurements, but I'll do my best to walk you through it!

First, I boil some chicken(I used 1 lb this time) in water with plenty of garlic powder.  Once it is cooked through, let it cool and shred it. This can be done the day before.
Then you need to fry your tortillas. You want them flexible and just slightly browned. I did 18 tortillas this time (because we had company joining us for dinner).

Pour 2-3  large cans of ROSARITA enchilada sauce into your baking pan(s).
Dip your cooled tortillas in the sauce to coat both sides, then fill with some shredded chicken and shredded cheese (I had about 1.5 lbs of shredded sharp cheddar). Roll them up and continue.Pour any extra sauce over the top.
{Occasionally I add some sour cream inside too)
Top with chopped scallions, olives and more shredded cheese.
Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
This made 2 pans, and more than enough to feed 8 people.
I also had a vegan friend over, so I made hers with beans instead of chicken and almond cheese instead of conventional. She loved them, but I'll stick to my normal recipe ;)


2 comments:

  1. I have NEVER heard of almond cheese! Wow. I will have to try to make that for my vegan friend sometime. Wonder if in this small town I can find any almond cheese....

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I make chicken enchiladas, I shred my chicken and then mix in cheese and a can of cream of chicken soup and it makes them go further, and we only do white ones, no red sauce so I usually top with another can of cream of chicken soup, thinned with a bit of milk...my 19 year old son can eat a pan of these by himself, he loves them...I need to make him some..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails