First off, a confession. I use boxed cake mix fairly often. It is just much cheaper than making it from scratch, and I can put more effort into the other aspects of the cakes.
This was one of those times I used a boxed cake. I use Betty Crocker's Triple Chocolate Fudge. Replace the water the box calls for with milk and bake in two 8" round pans.
While it is baking make the filling:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
5 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup heavy cream
Whip until thick and fluffy. When the cakes are cooled (I make them the day before and freeze them, and work with them while they are still frozen) spread all the filling in between the two cakes.
Take a bag of mini Reese's cups and have your children unwrap each one. Chop them up.
Make the ganache:
2 Tablespoons honey
6 ounces heavy cream
12 ounces chocolate
1 teaspoon vanilla.
Combine cream, honey and chocolate in a small saucepan. Stir constantly until chocolate is melted. Add vanilla and let cool. Once it is almost room temperature pour over cake.
Let it set a minute or two, then press the chopped Reese's cups onto the sides of the cake.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me a note!