»

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Homemade Macaroni and Cheese


What child doesn't love macaroni and cheese? {and I have to admit I love it as much as my kids! } But there is so much junk in the boxed kind. Did you know that making it from scratch is so easy and  takes only a few minutes longer than making a box? 
My 11 year old has learned how to make it on his own. 
And it is so delicious. I have no idea why it took me so long to post this recipe!

1 lb of cooked pasta
6 Tablespoons butter
3 Tablespoons flour
2 cup milk
2 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon chicken bouliion
1/4 teaspoon paprika
pepper

In a saucepan, melt the butter, then whisk in the flour. Pour in milk and seasonings, then add cheese. Whisk until smooth and pour over pasta.

1 comment:

  1. Our son makes it for our family quite frequently, too, but I must admit that even the purest that I am...the boxed kind is still yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails