»

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Trip Binder

A lot of people ask me where we find these cool places we like to visit. That is where my trip binder comes in.


My husband is the king of spontaneity. He gets an idea to go somewhere and wants us ready and in the truck in 5 minutes. I am the queen of planning, and want to research trips to make sure we get the most out of the experience.

This is my way of keeping us balanced.

Whenever we are out, I pick up fliers, maps, pamphlets of places that look interesting.

  If I want to go somewhere specific sometime in the future, I do my homework long beforehand, emailing the chamber of commerce in that city and asking them to mail me info, searching the internet and taking notes,  asking friends etc.

I compile all this info I collect into a 3 ring binder that I keep in our truck.
 
If we end up in an area we didn't necessary plan to go to, I can pull out the binder and see all the attractions that are near us and we can stop there on our trip.

We also like to keep a couple books handy in the truck too.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great idea! I am going to start doing a trip binder! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails