»

Friday, April 15, 2011

New Neighbors


We get new neighbors a lot, living in military housing. We've seen at least 3 families in each of the 7 houses closest to us since we have been here!

Every time a new family moves in, I try to share Christ's love with them by making them feel welcome. I show up at their door with a card, cookies (or another baked treat) and introduce myself and our family to them, as well as encourage them to not hesitate to let us know if they need anything at all!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you do this! With my husband in real estate we've moved a lot, and never had anyone welcome us other than a "hi" if we met on the sidewalk. This means so much to your new neighbors, I'm sure. Thanks for posting this so that others are encouraged to do this as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do that, too...usually I bring over muffins or something, and the kids come along to check out whether they have any potential new friends.

    I loooove the little box you have there, that is so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails