»

Friday, December 3, 2010

Enjoying Sweets and Fellowship

I hope your family is also enjoying the sweets and fellowship of CHRISTmas!

Homemade peppermint bark, so easy and yummy!

I just melted a layer of chocolate (less than 1 bag), sprinkled 1 crushed candy cane, poured a layer of melted white chocolate (1 bag) and then 1 1/2 more crushed candy canes. Let cool and break into pieces.

I'm learning to delegate now that my children are older. The 10 year old made the fudge by himself, leaving me to do the fun part. Make it pretty!

FUDGE:
  • 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 14-oz can condensed milk
  • 1/4 cup (4 tbsp) butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp salt

Preparation:

1. Prepare an 8x8 pan by lining it with waxed paper.
2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, condensed milk, and butter. Microwave in one-minute increments until melted, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Stir to ensure all the chocolate is melted, then add the vanilla and salt. Stir until the candy is smooth and well-mixed.
4. Pour the fudge into the prepared pan and smooth it into an even layer.
5. Place the fudge in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours. Once set, cut into 1-inch squares or shape of choice and serve at room temperature. Store excess fudge in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

3 comments:

  1. Are the hearts made with that microwave recipe?? I knew you'd get creative! I just made a batch right now because my 20 yo asked me too... if Peter can make it himself, Elisabeth surely can! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum. Thanks for linking to Handmade Christmas 2012 (http://www.schneiderpeeps.com/2012/11/handmade-christmas-2012-edible-gifts.html#comment-form)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails