I posted before that I had deactivated my Facebook for a time. I felt that the Lord was leading me to cut back my time there in a big way.
I did go back, but I deleted 3/4 of my friends. Not because I didn't like them, but I only kept people who I talked to regularly on Facebook, immediate family, or those who inspire my walk with the Lord via their pages.
And of those 50 people I kept, I HID all their feed. So on my wall, there is only what I post. If I want to see updates about my 'friends', then I must go to their page. I'm also rarely updating my own status to not hinder others.
It has really cut back my internet time not being distracted by updates. It's so easy to get sucked into the internet world, knowing way more about people than I need to...but I can see updates on those on my heart on a particular day.
I wasn't going to say anything, lest it offend someone that I deleted or hid them, but the few I have shared this tactic with have appreciated a new option for managing Facebook.
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If I can ever figure out how to get a fan page going (for my writing fans) I will get 9/10's of my favebook friends off my personal page. I really like the idea of hiding profiles... thanks.
ReplyDeleteI agree! I've been cutting down my time on facebook and have de-friended some people that have been offensive. I still post daily and post photos, because so many in our family are on there now, its easy to get information out to everyone!
ReplyDeleteHope you're doing well!! We've been busy, busy, busy with family visiting! Thank you for all your suggestions for places to go!
How do you hide updates? I think that is a wonderful idea!!! I have WAY too many friends, and I don't really want to delete any of them... I would actually like to know them better, but I do NOT want to be bogged down with the "updates" that are worthless either. I would really love to know how to do this.
ReplyDelete